Although there are currently only a few nootropics available, they aren’t all created equal. Both Mind Lab Pro and Alpha Brain are designed to improve mental function, but as you’ll see, these two products have several differences. Read on for a comparison of these supplements, complete with pros and cons.
A member of the nootropic category, the name of Mind Lab Pro’s game is cognitive enhancement. It targets multiple brain functions to deliver immediate improvements in focus and concentration, as well as prevention of brain cell damage in the future.
Mind Lab Pro Ingredients
– Pterostilbene. This antioxidant from blueberries increases dopamine. A positive attitude from this ingredient can help you accomplish difficult tasks. It also slows damage caused by Alzheimer’s.
– Vinpocetine. Increased blood flow to the brain, thanks to this ingredient, improves attention, concentration, and memory. It also prevents long term degeneration.
– L-Theanine. Derived from tea leaves, this amino acid reduces stress and increases alertness by promoting alpha brainwaves. It also improves your ability to multitask.
– Tyrosine. Another amino acid that helps with multitasking, this AA has been proven to improve cognitive function. It plays an important role in the synthesis of neurotransmitters.
– Vitamin B6 (as P-5-P). Like tyrosine, this vitamin also synthesizes neurotransmitters. It is very important for human brain development.
– Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin). While the previous two ingredients made neurotransmitters, this one balances them for a healthy brain and nervous system. Methylcobalamin, in particular, promotes nerve regeneration.
– Rhodiola Rosea. This Russian root stimulates neurotransmitters, namely dopamine, and serotonin. It helps to subdue both mental and physical fatigue.
– Bacopa Monnieri. This plant-based ingredient reduces the effects of stress on cognitive function and fights dementia. It helps with retrieving stored information as well as remembering new information. As if it wasn’t already working hard enough, it also repairs damaged nerves and promotes healthy ones.
– Lion’s Mane Mushroom. This ingredient improves memory, mood, and most importantly, brain plasticity. A high capacity for the brain to change as a result of new experiences can revolutionize your learning.
Phosphatidylserine. Present in every human cell, this compound is crucial for nerve growth and correct neurotransmitter function. It has been used to treat Alzheimer’s and slow the progression of Parkinson’s disease naturally. Bonus: the phosphatidylserine in Mind Lab Pro is derived from sunflower lecithin, making it soy free.
Citicoline. This ingredient regenerates brain cells and improves the communication between them. It has been used to successfully treat patients with cognitive impairment.
Also a nootropic, Alpha Brain claims to improve creativity, verbal recall, learning ability, and memory formation.
Ingredients Unique to Alpha Brain
Cat’s Claw. Although studies are inconclusive, this highly antioxidant ingredient does have the ability to repair brain cells and fight memory loss. Because of this, it may be effective in treating Alzheimer’s disease.
Huperzia Serrata. On the other hand, this ingredient has been proven to treat Alzheimer’s. It also improves concentration and inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine, one of the most important neurotransmitters in the human body.
Oat Straw. This ingredient alleviates neurological stress and exhaustion. It increases alpha-2 brain waves and enhances alertness and concentration.
L-Leucine. This essential amino acid not only improves cognitive ability; it also supplies the body with energy during periods of stress.
Alpha-GPC. An acetylcholine precursor, GPC may be used to treat dementia. It reverses brain cell damage.
7 of the 12 awesome ingredients in Alpha Brain are also found in Mind Lab Pro. There are some key differences between these ingredient lists, though. First, the phosphatidylserine in Alpha Brain is derived from soy, eliminating it as an option for people who cannot, or choose not to, consume soy.
Second, most of Alpha Brain’s ingredients are contained in blends. No matter how great a substance is, there is a required dosage that must be reached for it to be effective. The blends in Alpha Brain make it impossible to know exactly how much you’re getting of each ingredient.
Key Benefits and Uses
Mind Lab Pro improves memory, clarity, and focus. It can be used by professionals, students, and athletes to help them reach their goals, or by older people who want to prevent brain tissue degeneration.
Something interesting about Alpha Brain is its capacity to improve moods as well as mental function. Users notice a calm, cheery disposition along with enhanced concentration.
Mind Lab Pro – Pros
- short- and long-term benefits
- all natural
- allergen-, caffeine-, and GMO-free
- 30-day money back guarantee
- not sold by major retailers
Alpha Brain – Pros
- GMO-, caffeine-, and gluten-free
- all natural
- improves mood as well as mental function
- contains soy
- proprietary blends
- may cause headaches, restlessness, and anxiety
Final Word – Mind Lab Pro vs. Alpha Brain
The pro and con lists for these products say it all. The added mood boost with Alpha Brain is impressive, but some people may not want to risk the side effects. Plus, Mind Lab Pro is far and away one of the best nootropics available.
So what are you waiting for? A nootropic benefits anyone who could use a mental boost — nearly all of us, right? Try one today to make your productivity skyrocket.